It’s finally time to write… As we’ve seen before for the speaking, there are two different writing tasks:
- One Reading/Listening/Writing task
- Academic reading and lecture
- Test takers must answer a question discussing the key points in the lecture and explaining how they relate to those in the reading passage
- Reading passage appears first, then is removed from the screen during the lecture. Test takers can view the passage again while responding to the question
- Test takers can take notes and use them to respond
- One independent task about a familiar topic
- Test takers state, explain and support their response using personal knowledge and experience. This task is similar to the writing task on the computer-based TOEFL® test and the TWE® (Test of Written English™)
- Trained raters evaluate test takers' ability to demonstrate an understanding of the material, as well as write clearly, accurately, and in a well-organized manner.
- read a short text (3 to 4 paragraphs)
- listen to a lecture (and take notes)
- write, comparing what you read and what you heard (around 250 words)
In my opinion, this ISN’T a difficult task. But the main problem, again, is the time. And finally… I know you’re afraid of that, and for good reason! The TOEFL Essay writing (they call it independent writing) can make the difference between a good and a bad score. You have 30 minutes to write more than 350 words but it’s very easy to run out of time without even completing the first paragraph. The topic is always short and well described, but can be difficult to develop, especially because you may be very tired after 4 hours of test!
Masters of Business Administration is truly a fulfilling career. If one has it, then there is a great chance of landing to a high paying job. But before you earn that, you need to accomplish several MBA Projects. Finding these projects can be difficult if one is not equipped with the right information on what to look for.
Here are some tips in finding good MBA Projects topics:
1. Enough Resources. Before planning for any project, allocate enough time to search for possible resources. Most MBA projects end up hanging due to lack of resources to fetch information. Resources can include textbook, the Internet, community, and an organization. Other materials may include accomplished MBA projects with the proper authorization from the author. Most universities do not expose accomplished MBA projects.
2. Effective and Relevant topic. Finding good topics for an MBA project can be confusing. Specializations like entrepreneurship and finance may sound similar, but topics should be distinct for both specializations. Topics for MBA Finance can be: "Relevance of a business life cycle using..." These are good and interesting topics.
3. Planning for the Subject to be studied. Subject should be discussed and be given emphasis at the beginning. In finding good MBA projects, subjects should be searched for availability. Focusing in this area will allow a student to identify specific problems and recommendations for a possible solution.
4. Look for Desired Outputs. The purpose of an MBA project is to give recommendation and possible solution to an existing problem. In finding good MBA projects, make sure that the desired outputs are feasible.
5. Planning the Methodology. In preparing for an MBA project, planning for the methodology to be used is very important. Plan a strategy or analytical tool that is necessary and applicable for the respondents. Proper methodology will create good MBA projects.
6. Ask for Assistance from Experts. We may deny it, but most of the students taking MBA courses are having problems in finding and doing the necessary preparations for an MBA project. No need to be embarrassed, almost everyone feels the same at first. An advice from an expert will definitely work and can give a clearer view of what to look for on an MBA project. From the Internet alone, there are thousands of websites readily available to help students and professionals with their MBA projects.
These are some helpful tips I have compiled that can help you find good MBA projects. One can produce good quality MBA projects if thorough research and proper methodologies are applied. Let this be your guide in finding an MBA project.
If you are looking for more information then feel free to visit MBA Notes